Thursday, October 25, 2012

Donnie and Nessa's Anniversary Mango Salad
     I was happy last Sunday to celebrate an anniversary with my daughter and son-in-law.  I was inspired to make this salad.  I do not know why I had never thought to make this before.  It was super simple.
     As I was making this salad,  I felt my mom guiding me through it.  Anessa was her first grand daughter.  They shared a very special relationship. It really was delicious!


chunks of 5 ripe firm mangoes (better that they be just this side of ripe)
1 red pepper seeded and cut into chunks
1 yellow pepper seeded and cut into chunks
If I had had a green pepper I would have used it instead I used 1 celery stalk, the outer greenest stalk cut into chunks
1/2 purple onion diced
1/4 cup of roughly cut apple mint (it's what I grow out front but I am sure ANY mint would do.)
1/8 cup roughly cut cilantro ( for cilantro haters use parsley)
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Juice of 1/2 lime
1/2 tsp baking soda (I just read that this makes things taste sweeter.)
if I had an avocado that was firm ripe, I would have diced it .

No comments:

Post a Comment