Thursday, May 19, 2011

Green mole and chicken breasts

     I did tonight what I do best.  I took the left over mole sauce from last night and made it into a whole new meal.  Trevor and his girlfriend Jen agreed with me.  The sauce was amazing!   We could have just eaten the sauce as a dip with tortillas.  Yes it was that good.  So what did I do?
1.  To about 3 cups of leftover sauce from last night I added 5 drops of bottled green habanero sauce.
2. I roasted 2 serrano chilies and 2 jalapenos.  Seeded and diced them into the sauce.
3.  I added 1 cup of leftover white wine from dinner last night.
4.  I cooked this sauce over medium high heat until bubbly.
5.  Turned off the heat and let it cool a bit.  Then I stuck in an emulsion blender and blended for about 5 min.
6.  I salt and peppered the chicken breasts and added poultry seasoning which I make myself which has no salt and is a combo of sage, oregano and rosemary.  I cooked them in 2 TBSP of butter and 2 TBSP of EVOO for about 7 min. each side on med. high heat in a cast iron skillet.
7.  I sauted swiss chard with 1 sliced onion and 3 cloves of minced garlic.
8.  I served the chicken on a bed of the chard and topped with the sauce. OMG!  Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment